Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Super Duper Ellie Quilt...

It washed up really well. The only thing I'll do differently in the future when doing large applique on a quilt is not use fusible web. It didn't soften up as much as the rest of the quilt so the letters are stiffer than I'd like them. I know there is a temporary spray adhesive you can use to stick the applique to the fabric while you do a running stitch--or whatever stitch you want--around the edge. Then the adhesive washes out so the applique will not be stiff. I'll have to check into it for my next quilt. Here's a picture of the Super Duper Ellie Quilt lying on the couch
Super Duper Ellie Quilt
It measures 42" X 58". Here's a close up of the applique. Maybe you can't tell in the photo that the applique is a bit stiff. And it isn't unpleasing so, but we're our own worst critics, right?

The only problem now is that Sunny cried when I gave the quilt to Ellie. Sunny wants her quilt now. Right now!
Here's a close up of some of the tumbler blocks...

And here's Ellie!! I love how excited my kids get when I make them things. I know it won't last long. When they're preteens they'll probably think I'm archaic and cheesy. So, I'm going to enjoy every moment of it now!

Have a great day!

7 comments:

blue star stitcher said...

That is the cutest smile Ellie has while hugging her new cute. It turned out beautiful, and maybe after a few washing the webbing will get softer.

Connie said...

So I don't know what happened, I clicked on your blog on my reader and it said it was gone...wht ever. I LOVE this quilt...your kids are so lucky you can make such awesome stuff....they may at some point not be so into this stuff, but when they are adults, they will really love having them..

And for a part time business, custom quilts and wedding dresses both cost a fortune!!

SEWButterfly said...

It turned out beautifully!

QuiltedSimple said...

It is lovely. And she loves it, which is what matters most, right? Great applique too
kris

Beertje Zonn said...

What a lovely Quilt.
Bear regards,

Beertje Zonn

Vintage Girl said...

What a FUN quilt, awesome job! Heather

Laura said...

What a treasure. I inherited some quilts my grandma made me when I was a kid. They are some of my most cherished possessions. So special!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin