Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Favorite Hat Pattern

This is by far my most favorite hat pattern.
Dean Street Hat
It's the Dean Street Hat and it's a free pattern on Ravelry (free is always good, isn't it?)
I used Lion Brand Wool Ease worsted weight washable wool. The yarn doesn't show the cable pattern as well as I would like, but this hat is a gift and I wanted it to be an easy wash item. I think the cables show up well enough for me to recommend the yarn and it's very easy to knit with. It's one of my faves.

One thing I love about the pattern is that the author/designer, Nina, instructs you in cabling without a needle. It made the hat knit up very quickly! I'll probably knit many of these hats. The designer has other wonderful patterns available, too. The Vita Cloche and the Faberge Cowl are on my queue!

6 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

this is really cute! I'll have to find it there. would be cute in pink for the girls:) Are you on Ravelry?
kris

SEWButterfly said...

It's cute! I'll have to find and try myself!

Angela Nash said...

Cute hat! Since I caught the quilt bug last year, I haven't been knitting as much. But I quickly added this hat to my queue. I'm whitetree on Ravelry.

Wouldn't you love a quilt/sew version of Ravelry?!

Dee said...

i like it! good job!

Laura said...

I love your knitting. You have made so many awesome things. I love the scarf and the hat!

girlytwins said...

I so wish I was crafty. I would love to keep my head cozy in a cute homemade hat :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin