Wednesday, October 1, 2008

On The Needles...

A vest for Luke. This is the back piece. I'm at the point where I need to start shaping the arm holes.

I'm using Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool doubled up on size 10.5 needles. Its knitting up pretty quickly. I'm nervous about the size, but my mom says blocking will make a big difference. I suppose if I'd knit a little looser it would be a bit bigger, too. But I'm a tight knitter. I'm trying to loosen up, but I guess I'm a type A.

I also have a vest in progress for Elle. I'm using yarn from my stash. Its fluffy yarn that I must've liked at one point. I look at it now and wonder what was I thinking?! I'll post a photo soon because it is also knitting up quickly. I'm all about quick when it comes to knitting because I get bored too quickly. When the knitting becomes monotonous it becomes a UFO (an unfinished object). The vest is on 24" circular size 10.5 needles. The yarn is pink and fluffy. And when its knitted or crocheted, the feel of it reminds me of a matted dog. Ugh. But I think it'll look cute on the girls. They'll look like fluffy, pink, matted dogs. Real cute. I may actually make two so each girl has one. The pattern is a free pattern from Berroco. Its the Mavis vest for toddlers. I'm not using the Berroco yarn specified, though. I should because the yarn they suggest is really cute and I love the pattern on the front of the vest. But I've got my matted dog yarn and darn it, I'm gonna use it. Berroco has some very cute free patterns for children's knits. There are a few crochet patterns, too, but I haven't had time to look at them in detail.

2 comments:

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

I have never knitted in my life, but your pics make me want to start. I love your blog!

Also... it was great chatting with you last night at GNO! So glad you stopped by again. We always love having you :).

QuiltedSimple said...

Vest looks cute for Luke. Can't wait to see the pink one! I'd love to learn how to knit, but I'm all thumbs....can't do a thing beyond scarves....
Kris

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin