Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Houston, I Have A Problem....

Sunny has always liked to watch me sew, but now she wants to sit in my lap while I sew. This makes things a little, um, difficult. I had my iPhone nearby, so I snapped a few photos...

I'm finishing up the FMQ on Luke's quilt (he's beginning to think I'll never finish it!), so exactness isn't critical, but I do prefer a smooth quilting design to a rather jagged one (a squirmy toddler on your lap doesn't make for smooth sewing!).

Today she insisted on holding her bubble maker while sitting on my lap. Do you know how hard it is to FMQ while holding a toddler who is holding a bubble maker? It ain't easy. lol! I secretly LOVE that she likes sewing. Well, ok, not so secretly. I'm pretty open with my love of Sunny's interest.

I'm praying for a "like mother, like daughter" thing. I used to watch my mom sew and used to love sewing with her. There's nothing I'd like more than to sew with Sunny when she's a little older. So far Ellie shows no interest in sewing unless you count stealing my thread spools an interest. There's still time, though!

6 comments:

Chicago Sarah said...

Those are the cutest pictures ever. What a doll!

Cheryl said...

Very cute! I hope she maintains the interest. My daughter comes in to help, but usually she wants to hand me fabrics right when I'm doing some specific, so I can't indulge her.

Hey, is that part of your stash in the background there?

Shannon said...

You are so adorable! I too hope that at least one of my children, probably a girl, will enjoy crafting but I am far less tolerant of toddlers in my lap while sewing. I let them stand right next to me to watch. That is as close as they get. I am sure your enthusiasm will rub off on sweet Sunny!

girlytwins said...

Adorable. I would love it too even if it made it a little more difficult :)

Anonymous said...

How cute!

QuiltedSimple said...

How cute! I think she needs her own sewing machine....hehe
Kris

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin