Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm Still Alive

Thank you to those who emailed me asking where I've been. I'm still alive and everything's ok! :) There's a lot going on around here, so I've been busy (scattered, really).

I'm redoing my sewing room, so there hasn't been much sewing lately. Also, my Sapphire 870Q is back in the shop. If it doesn't come back in pristine condition it's going on eBay. Seriously. Or Craigslist. Or maybe I'll toss it out the 2nd floor window along with a watermelon. That might be fun.

Tomorrow I'm going to the 'burbs to check out a vintage sewing machine for $25. Its a Necchi in a cabinet. It looks really nice, so as long as it sews well its coming home with me. I'm getting rid of my current sewing table since its crappy. I can't wait to show you photos of my new room. When I was into bookbinding, papermaking and letterpress printing I bought this old, huge, heavy table from an auction and used it for years. When we moved to the city I had to put it in storage. I had completely forgotten about it until I decided to clear out the storage shed; its perfect for a cutting/sewing table. Is anyone interested in letterpress printing presses? I have 2 you can have if you come and get them. They've got surface rust now and I don't know if the motors still work, but if you want 'em, they're yours. They're both C&P's. I also have a huge Challenge cast iron guillotine you can have. You'll need a forklift, though. I'd love to keep them because I really love to do letterpress printing, but I have no room for them here. They'll be scrapped if no one wants them. Its a shame since they don't make them anymore, but what can I do?

So, that's all I have for now. Oh, I might have a JOB. Yes. I'm pretty excited because its a good one. I won't know until the end of the month, so I'll keep it under wraps for now. But, wish me luck!

6 comments:

Jocasta said...

Good luck for the job - however it's probably going to take all your free time up and then you won't blog :(

Chicago Sarah said...

Can't wait to see the new machine! (I was excited about the letterpress until I realized we don't have room for them either) :(

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

WHAT?? a job?? where'd this come from?

QuiltedSimple said...

A job???? Great - can't wait to hear what it is
Kris

Tracy said...

wow - a job - that seems like a long ways off still for me. which some days I'm glad & others I cannot wait.

Laura said...

I have been missing you! Good luck with the job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin