I finished a pair of fingerless mitts this week. I'm painting our apartment (the whole thing!) so there's not much on the creative front this week other than the painting. The mitts turned out great even though my photo isn't so great. I tried to get Luke to take a photo of them, but ended up with five photos of my legs and torso. So, I ended up taking a photo of them myself. The pattern is pretty basic...I'm going to write it up and offer it for free on Ravelry. In the photo its hard to see the texture (its slightly bumpy) so I'm making another pair in a smoother yarn that will show the texture better.
These were made with Moda Dea silk & wool blend yarn in plum on size 8 dpn's. It took less than one skein for both mitts.