Monday, July 20, 2009

The Charming Girls Quilt Club

With so many UFO's in my sewing room, I think joining a quilt club will be the only way I'll get them all finished! So, I joined a fun group of women at Charming Chatter:

I'm leaving for vacation in 2 weeks, but I have 2 quilts I would like to finish before then (actually, I have 3 I'd like to finish, but I'm trying to be realistic!!).

The first quilt I'd like to finish is my pinwheel quilt. I have all the pinwheel blocks finished; all I need to do is sew them together and then make a flying geese sashing and another sashing and, and, and.... you can tell I have this one well thought out, can't you? Here's a photo of some of the blocks:
Double Pinwheel Blocks

The second quilt I'd like to finish is my "Beach Quilt". Its a quilt made of super bright orange and yellow obnoxious polka dots and an equally obnoxious vintage sheet backing. I've been wanting to make a quilt to take to the beach to sit on, but could never decide on fabrics since I don't want to use really nice fabrics; this quilt will be soaked and rubbed in the sand! I couldn't bare to use expensive fabrics. I don't have an "in-progress" photo because I just started cutting it yesterday, but I swear I'll be embarrassed to show a photo of it when I'm done. I'm almost certain it will be the most obnoxious quilt I've made thus far. But at least my kids will always know which blanket is ours.

4 comments:

Allie said...

Yay!!!! Another Charming Girl! I love the pinwheel blocks, can't wait to see that one done - and I also can't wait to see the beach quilt! I bet it'll be better than you think. And if not, nobody will steal it while you swim. *G*

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

LOL! Yes, at least it won't get stolen! I think it won't be as bad as I'm thinking, but then again..... the colors are obnoxious!

Shannon said...

Ooooooh, I can't wait to see it. The gaudier the better!

Vintage Girl said...

I LOVE your blocks, you did a great job! Thanks for posting on my blog and becoming a follower, I appreciate it. It's so nice to meet others from all over that have similar interests! I'm enjoying "visiting" with you. Blessings, Heather

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin