I finished the quilt top this morning. Finally!
Actually, I'm not completely done with the top...
The backing is going to be solid green and I want to bind it with a print. Since the print would be lost on the top side I'm going to put a 2" solid green border around it. That will let the binding stand out on both the front and the back. So, I'm off to finish this one up. Its currently 70"X70". After the border is put on it'll be 74" X 74".
I really like this quilt. Its almost completely from stash and includes a shirt I got from a thrift store! The white w/floral stripe fabric is cut from the thrift store shirt. The shirt was nice, but I really liked it for the fabric. It fits this quilt perfectly and for a buck, it was worth it.
I also made my huzband a knit-a-roni hat, but it turned out....um....pretty funny looking. The knitting itself is good, but I made it with a bright orange yarn (the Huz hunts) and when he put it on we both started laughing because he looks like the guy from the cartoon Fat Albert. He wouldn't model it for a picture (wimp!) so here I am wearing it.
It cracks me up.
Have a great weekend!!