Saturday, May 15, 2010

Almost Done. Almost.....


I have two more rows of hexagons to sew on the top and bottom and a border all around and the top will be done. The nice thing about sewing a hexagon quilt is that by the end of it, you are really good at sewing Y seams! I also used Dritz spray adhesive to hold the letters of Sunny's name in place while I satin stitched around the letters. I love this spray adhesive!! If you recall, I used fusible web to keep Ellie's name on her quilt and I wasn't happy with it because the fusible made the letters too stiff. The Dritz spray adhesive I used on Sunny's quilt washes out and the letters are nice and soft and flexible. I'm sure there are other brands of this type of adhesive, but this is what I chose and I'm happy with it.

At the bottom of the photo you see a little bit of orange...that isn't part of the quilt. It is orange felt that I use as a design wall. The next 40% off coupon I get from Joann's will be used to buy white felt. :) The quilt top is also not wonky, it is just heavy and is not hanging straight. I have it hung on the design wall with snap barrettes; it isn't really stuck to the felt.

I can't wait to finish this quilt top. It will fit a twin sized bed. My girls still sleep in cribs, but they are getting "big girl beds" soon. They're too big for cribs!

So...I hope you all are having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Homemade Quilts by Granny said...

Thats a darling quilt....good tip... never have used adhesives. Trish

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh this is a lovely quilt - she will LOVE it
Kris

girlytwins said...

It is soo cute. I bet your girls love snuggling up in their special quilts. They will cherish these forever, I know I would.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin