Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Necessary Items

We go through wash cloths very quickly around here and it seems I never have enough. I also hate to buy them because since we go through so many I buy the cheapies and they're SO flimsy. This morning I was going to throw away my thick terry cloth bath robe, but then it occurred to me it would make great wash cloths. So, some cutting and zigzagging and wa-la:

Nice, thick, soft wash cloths. I zigzagged some and used another utility stitch on others. In all I made 10, so that should last for a while! I used a pink variegated thread, so the stitching is darker in some places and lighter in others. I love how they turned out and will probably look at the thrift store for bath robes to turn into wash cloths!

10 comments:

Michaela said...

Great idea!

Cheryl said...

That's awesome! I have lots of crib sheets from when my daughter was a baby, figuring I could make something out of them.

Tracy said...

you are so creative - thanks for sharing the juices woman!!

Claremont First Ward said...

They look great! What a great use for your old bathrobe!

Philigry said...

this is such a great idea. you are so smart!

QuiltedSimple said...

What a great idea. I think I am down to 2 washcloths in the kitchen and 2 in our bathroom. I'm off to goodwill now...
Kris

Victoria said...

smart and clever!

Patty said...

This is such a great idea! I love the zig zag stitch!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Great idea! Thanks for posting.

Linda

CC said...

What a great idea..I love it, plus I have an older bathrobe. Yayyyy!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin